Job title: Illustrator
Job type: Part-time
Location: Weyers Cave, VA
Avotek Information Resources, a leading publisher of instructional materials for aviation maintenance, seeks a part-time illustrator. This position involves producing vector drawings, ranging from simple black and white schematics to realistic color representations of aircraft and their components. The illustrations will be used in textbooks, training materials, and marketing and promotional materials.
- Ability to illustrate scientific and aviation-related concepts and aircraft components using source materials such as sketches, photos, written and verbal descriptions, and aircraft parts.
- Ability to copy and interpret a corporate illustration style.
- Solid foundation in concept, composition, and illustration techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Illustrator. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Ability to work in a Mac environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with an editor, graphic designers, and a video editor.
This is a part-time position (roughly 24 hours per week) at our Weyers Cave, VA, office. This is not a graphic design position. A successful candidate will be able to illustrate technical subjects as noted in the requirements above.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, at least three professional references, and work samples to HR@avotek.com or by mail to P.O. Box 219, Weyers Cave, VA 24486. Instead of sending work samples, you may include in your resume or cover letter a link to an online portfolio or website. In the interview process, we will ask qualified candidates to illustrate several items so we can evaluate your proficiency.
About Avotek Information Resources
Avotek Information Resources is the publishing division of Select Aerospace Industries, Inc. www.avotek.com. With more than 50 titles in print, and more on the way, Avotek Information Resources offers a textbook resource to cover all key areas of aviation maintenance including introductory subjects to advanced avionics. In support of the company’s manufacturing division, we also create multimedia and video-based resources to improve the training experience—online or in the classroom.